Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Failing

I failed at the age of 25 and it's been the best thing that I've ever done.

When I was younger I never could comprehend past the age of 25. I had no idea what life would hold beyond that. I guess because I figured that by the time I was 25 I'd have achieved all that was achievable and the rest of my life would be spent living out that success and building on it. I thought uni degree, husband, house and kids would all be mine at the age of 25. I don't have any of those things and that's OK.

Really it is because now the adventure has started.I'm in unknown territory. I failed at being a 'success' so now I can do whatever it is that I want to do. There's no expectations except that which I place on myself.

I've got a feeling that the adventures have already begun. That ending up in youth work wasn't a mistake. That falling in love with these kids wasn't a co-incidence. That maybe the very reason that I had to 'fail' was so that I could see these kids and succeed in fighting for them. Because even though I think my life sucks, it's nothing compared with what they've got to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my world. Stay a while. Have some tea with me.

Followers