Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Expectations

I've always wondered why the people that cheered Jesus into Jerusalem were the same ones that jeered him on the way to his crucifixion.

Maybe it's because when Jesus entered the city they proclaimed him to be the messiah. They attached expectation to him, he was their hope, and he was going to save them from the Romans. But then he didn't live up to their expectations.
Maybe they were jeering with disillusionment. Maybe they supported him dying because he didn't do what the messiah was expected to do. Maybe they turned against him because their hope was shattered when what they thought was supposed to happen didn't.
I'm not so different, I turn and jeer when things don't work the way I think they should. I stumble and fall when I forget that His ways are not my ways, that His thoughts are Higher then mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my world. Stay a while. Have some tea with me.

Followers