Saturday, March 20, 2010

Eggs Benny

It seems that married men value the art of cooking. I only draw this conclusion because every time one of these men from the married tribe eats my food there’s always the compliment ‘you’ll make a good wife’.
I suspect that the single boys think this too; perhaps they’re too scared to say it in case I take it as a marriage proposal and jump on them.
The reason why I would make a good wife today is that this morning I made eggs Benedict. From scratch.
Yep. I’m that good.
Actually it’s more the recipe then me. I was inspired by the film Julie and Julia to never be defeated by a recipe. So I conquered poaching eggs.
I’d previously given up poaching eggs cause I’d always end up with eggy water. There are only so many wasted eggs my ego could take.
The next thing I needed to conquer was hollandaise sauce. Too easy. But I can’t take all the credit, the recipe was fool proof. You should try it:
In a blender blend 3 egg yolks, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon water. Gradually add 125g melted butter that has been cooled slightly. Blend until thick and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.

Bon Appetiet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my world. Stay a while. Have some tea with me.

Followers