Saturday, March 13, 2010

There once was a lady who lived with a cat...

I’ve never really understood the need for people to keep pets. Growing up we only had things kept in cages or bowls. Nothing too exciting, except when I made the inevitable discovery that the soul of whatever small bird or fish that had been entrusted into my care, had departed this earth.

 It kind of happens like that when they don’t have food, or water. Oops.

Recently I acquired a kitty. It’s only supposed to be mine for 12 months as his owner lives in a setting not welcoming to kitties. Surprisingly I adore this cat. I’ve brought toys for it, defended its bad behavior and generally loved on it.

I suspect that my love for this particular creature has flourished simple because this cat is quite loveable. Sure, other cats don’t seem to appreciate his feisty nature but I do. I love that I can play with him and throw him at people, I love that he doesn’t need constant attention. He’ll sit near me instead of on me. He needed rescuing from the roof one night. I still have no idea how he ended up there.


So this is for you Zoidberg. You’ve changed me; you’ve turned me into one of those crazy cat people who post pictures of their pet on facebook and write about in blogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my world. Stay a while. Have some tea with me.

Followers