Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sinful...

Today I spent time at my new 'spot'. I love great cafes, they feed my soul. I always leave feeling inspired, feeling rested. The opposite is also true, if there's bad service, bad coffee or even just average, I leave feeling ripped off. Mackay has a new cafe called Sinful. The staff are well picked, the coffee is good (and improving!), simple good food and a great layout. I always leave feeling refreshed. So if you're ever looking for me, head there. Except if you're a stalker. If you're planning to stalk me, I'm never there. Ever.
As a result of the cyclone over the weekend my house does not have power. It's been over 72 hours. I think I spent a good three hours there today, I found a powerpoint and plugged in my laptop and phone. I spent the morning organising and reading through some poetry I've written this year.
I found this, judge it if you will:

I’m just waiting
For the words that haven’t been spoken yet
If you tell me to go I shall leave this place behind me
I will shake the dust from my feet and remove the articles from my heart which I collected during my stay here.
If I cry they will be angry hot tears of a heart that is not just broken or crushed but disillusioned by the choices made by it’s owner
When you see me in public places
I will not be angry and hate you
Or take my fists and beat you
I will smile, maybe not with my eyes
And take interest but not with my heat
I will extend my hand for a handshake or hug
And then I will leave you to be
I will leave and take my heart away from your hands
But
If you choose not to make those words audible
Then I will stay, I will stay and figure this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my world. Stay a while. Have some tea with me.

Followers