Saturday, March 27, 2010

We've got the POWER

Today the power came back on at our house. It took the knowledge and eyes of an electrician to tell us that all the circuit breakers were switched to off. Funny story now but two days ago when the neighbors had power and we didn't I was so mad.
It's amazing how stressful life can be once the normalicity is taken out of it. I'm the first to jump at the chance of an adventure but not this type of adventure. Not being able to function the way that I've been conditioned to was rather frustrating.
If we had the ability to do our washing, keep our milk in a safe condition, have hot showers and read before going to sleep at night I would not have minded not having electricity.
My housemate and I listed off all the things that we are grateful for being able to do because of electricity. There's quite a few, the things we are able to do WITHOUT electricity. Not too many.
My little brother was born in 1985. Aparantly in Queensland there was a record number of births that year. Most people put it down to the record number of blackouts in 84/85.
Wonder if there's going to be a baby boom nine months from now?
There won't be from our house.

If there is it's the imaculate conception. It's happened once before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my world. Stay a while. Have some tea with me.

Followers