Monday, April 12, 2010

Flying away

Hot air balloons have been in habiting my imagination for quite some time now. During my visit to Brisbane in January I went to the Queensland Art Gallery. It was during the holidays so they had activities happening for children. There was this gigantic mountain of craft supplies, out of which the kids were making airplanes. Once the airplanes were finished they were hung from the ceiling. The sight of hundreds of airplanes suspended ceiling was wonderful.


In one area there was a small collection of hot air balloons. The idea has been simmering in my mind to create hot air balloons that I could hang in my house. I've finally started to make the idea a reality.

I'm using paper Mache, something I've never done before, but I turned to the ultimate knowledge machine (Google) and found out how to make the glue and started creating! First step is complete.

And to be truthful if they don't work out I’m not going to be too upset. I'm having too much fun doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my world. Stay a while. Have some tea with me.

Followers