Thursday, April 8, 2010

Heartbroken


To say something is broken is to say that it needs fixing. 
Except for hearts. They're a little more complicated. I'm not sure what they need exactly but I do know that healing is involved. 
I had a girlfriend tell me today of a very recent heartbreak and for the first time I knew what to do. Out of this ugly mess of heart ache came this moment of understanding. There's a scripture that tells us that God will work everything for good. Today my heart ache became a good thing in my life. Today I was able to look at another and not just empathize but to understand and to know what it was to be in her world right then. 

He took something horrid and turned it into good, something I despised and made it into something I appreciate. 

Heartbreak doesn't require fixing, just understanding. Today I understood and in that my own healing has progressed. 


Only the heartbroken can really understand heartbreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my world. Stay a while. Have some tea with me.

Followers