Sunday, April 11, 2010

The life of a hermit

I've travelled to several places in the last year that have cause me to think that they would be perfect places to hide away in and do nothing but be creative all day long. The Sunny Coast hinterland is one of those places; another is South Durras in NSW. I've been considering the life of a hermit recently and if I were to become one at least I already have my location worked out.



I don't really know anyone in those areas so people wouldn't be a problem. I could hide away and immerse myself in words written by other people as well as writing a few of my own. I could paint and draw and just be whoever I damn well wanted to be.


If I was a hermit I'd have time for a veggie garden. I'd grow carrots that come out of the ground in funny shapes, lettuce, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes and lots of basil. I'd have chickens that laid eggs and a cat that chased the chickens.
If I was a hermit I'd climb the hills and walk the beach, I'd spend my days doing what ever it is I pleased.

But then I'd probly get lonely and invite people to come visit. That's not a very hermit-y thing to do is it?
I'd throw big parties with bonfires and fire twirling and acoustic music. That's not what a hermit would do.
I'd cook so much food and then have to go make friends so the food didn't go to waste. I've never heard of a hermit doing that.

I'd make a horrible permanent hermit, maybe I should just go on hermit like holidays?


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my world. Stay a while. Have some tea with me.

Followers