Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Beautiful

 A couple of years ago I saw a piece of graffiti that really touched me. It was scratched into a seat at the bus stop outside of the shopping centre. It said something like 'To the girl who gets off the bus every morning at 750am. I think you have the most beautiful eyes'.


Recently I started a journey to find out what beauty is. The more I look, the more I find that it's simplicity not extravagance that makes something beautiful.
Simple things like the steam rising from my cup of tea the other morning. My cat coming and meowing at the door and then just hanging out in my room. The empty block next to our house that fills up with crazy wild flowers every time the owner neglects to mow it. The lights of traffic at dusk. Friends that come and sit and talk about everything and nothing. Music lyrics that match the tone of my heart. Second hand book shops. Love.

Is it the same with people? Does it work out that the more true a person is to themselves then the more beautiful they are? Am I more beautiful when I settle and just be me? I hope so because that's what I've decided to do.

I saw a quote the other day on beauty that I really liked. Not sure who said or wrote it:

Am I beautiful because you love me or do you love me because I am beautiful?


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my world. Stay a while. Have some tea with me.

Followers