Friday, April 16, 2010

When life hands you bananas...


I've been noticing some bananas that have been developing into a state of mankiness on our kitchen bench.They belong to one of the housemates. This morning I went into stealth mode and stole two to make a banana cake. I really should have stolen three because the cake is good but it could be more banana-y.
I modified the recipe from the Frankie cookbook Afternoon Tea. It's the recipe for All Together cake, I've just added stuff.
Easiest banana cake in the world. Truthfully. I wouldn't lie to you about this.

All Together Banana Cake

1/4 cup milk
125g butter softish.
3/4 cup sugar
2 Eggs
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup Self Raising flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 or 3 or more bananas mashed up
1 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg or both

Put all the ingredients into a bowl. Beat them with egg beaters until combined. Pour into a greased cake tin. Bake in oven at 180 degrees C for about 50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my world. Stay a while. Have some tea with me.

Followers